Sharon came in with an anxiety about being pregnant when she had chronic health issues. She also had a background mother issue and was visibly distressed about not having support for the natural way she wanted to heal and live, and to raise her new born baby. We used EFT and the Enneagram framework, with some energy work as needed.
“Initially I went to Siew Fan when I was two months pregnant to deal with my anxiety problem. After my delivery, I continue to see her to deal with unresolved parental issue, fear and I am really surprised that she can even help me with breastfeeding.
Each session lasts between ½ to 2 hours and it takes about 8 sessions over a year for my case.
She uses Emotional Freedom technique and she just has the perfect sentences for my tapping. She understands me without much talking on my part.
As a first time mom, I was really stress out about breastfeeding. Now I am more relaxed, feel confident, not over-sensitive and able to think positively in response to all the negative comments made by others about breastfeeding and other issues.
The EFT technique and energy healing has immediate effect and is very effective. I always feel better after each session.
I highly recommend Siew Fan to anyone who wants to get better.”
Sharon, First Time Mom
Even though I have all these issues below, I now understand that it is part of who I am, I deeply and completely love and accept myself, I forgive myself and I forgive anyone else who contributed to these issues. Sometimes it’s hard to be me, I acknowledge that I have some issues like:
- being judged and misunderstood for being placid and/or indecisive, but that’s ok
- being critical of myself for lacking initiative and discipline, but that’s ok
- being too sensitive to criticism; taking every raised eyebrow and twitch of the mouth personally, but that’s ok
- being confused about what I really want, but that’s ok
- caring too much about what others will think of me, but that’s ok
- not being listened to or taken seriously, but that’s ok
But I now CHOOSE to acknowledge and appreciate myself for my strong points, like:
- being nonjudgmental and accepting
- caring for and being concerned about others
- being able to relax and have a good time
- knowing that most people enjoy my company; I’m easy to be around
- my ability to see many different sides of an issue and to be a good mediator and facilitator
- my heightened awareness of sensations, aesthetics, and the here and now
- being able to go with the flow and feel one with the universe
Now that I understand more, I can also choose to transcend and release those energies which are not in my best interest to retain. I now choose to release……
- not taking an active interest in my own life.
- turning away from whatever is umpleasant or difficult.
- feeling that there is nothing I can do to improve my life.
- being numb and emotionally unavailable.
- refusing to see my own aggressions.
- ignoring problems until they become overwhelming.
- all dependency and fear of being on my own.
- all wishful thinking and giving up too soon.
- neglecting myself and my own legitimate needs.
- seeking quick, easy “solutions” to my problems.
- feeling threatened by significant changes in my life.
- losing myself in comforting habits and routines.
- feeling that most things are just too much trouble.
- all inattentiveness and forgetfulness.
- going along with others to keep the peace.
- living through others and not developing myself.
I now choose to affirm…
- that I am confident, strong, and independent.
- that I develop my mind and think things through.
- that I am awake and alert to the world around me.
- that I am proud of myself and my abilities.
- that I am steadfast and dependable in difficult times.
- that I look deeply into myself without fear.
- that I am excited about my future.
- that I am a powerful, healing force in my world.
- that I actively embrace all that life brings.
Renee Baron & Elizabeth Wagele, The Enneagram Made Easy
Don Richard Riso, Enneagram Transformations